What We Believe
As Christians we believe…
- that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, who discloses the loving character of God through the Scriptures;
- in proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ, who called all people to repent of their sinfulness and have faith in God;
- that Jesus taught us the goodness of the created world and the infinite worth of every person, and calls us to love and care for others by working on their behalf.
As Baptists we believe…
- that individuals are free to read and interpret Scripture in accordance with their conscience, guided humbly by the Holy Spirit and emerging within the family of faith;
- that only God knows our hearts and minds, and therefore only God can judge our thoughts and conduct;
- that baptism is the public declaration of a person's faith in Jesus Christ, following the example of Jesus’ own baptism;
- in the priesthood of all believers, that God calls all church members to be servants in mission and ministry, following the model of Jesus;
- that the local congregation is responsible for shaping its life and mission in accordance with the teachings of Jesus, by calling its own leadership and ordaining ministers.
As Northside Drive Baptists we believe…
- that through God's grace we will be a church where God's children discover that they are loved, and learn to love others as God has loved them;
- in welcoming all people, including those historically disenfranchised by many churches in the American South, including women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, and people with disabilities;
- in the importance of promoting Christian education for all ages, characterized by reverence for biblical authority and respect for open inquiry, to develop a mature faith in the hearts and minds of God's people;
- that we are part of the universal church of Jesus Christ, and thereby affirm professions of faith made in other Christian traditions by those seeking to join our congregation.
At Northside Drive, the expression of our faith and joint belief is expressed in various ways. Click on the links below to learn more.